West Memphis School District (www.wmsd.net).
Immediate Opening (Speech Pathologist - West Memphis School District, West Memphis, AR)
• Evaluate and diagnose communication disorders according to state and federal special education guidelines.
• Participate in evaluation conferences.
• Implement an individual education plan for assigned caseload students.
• Cooperate with teachers and parents by providing information discussing appropriate goals and offering any other assistance.
• Monitor and conduct ongoing evaluation of student progress.
• Participate in parent conferences to review student’s progress.
• Conduct a conference when additional changes or discontinuance of a special program is indicated.
• Cooperate in the district’s in-service training program.
• Maintain special education due process/work files.
• Document progress of students and maintain information needed for Medicaid billing.
• Use time and resources efficiently and effectively. Maintain an inventory of materials and equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Special Education Director.
• Master's or doctoral degree in communicative disorders from an educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Board of Examiners or ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) granted subsequent to January 1, 1993
• Clinical summary signed by a program director of an accredited program verifying completion of clinical practicum requirements
• Thirty-six weeks of supervised full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid professional experience
• Passage of a national exam (Praxis)